Wednesday, October 27, 2010

review: 5 ingredient fix by claire robinson

I've always enjoyed baking, but have never been much for cooking. I recently decided that I ought to give cooking another try. That started me looking for a cookbook with easy recipes to get me started; that led me to Claire Robinson's 5 Ingredient Fix. As the title says, the recipes typically have only five basic ingredients. I appreciated that as it meant I didn't have to spend money on a bunch of things I would only use for that particular recipe. So far I've made two of the meals: Maple Candied Bacon and Cheesy Penne. Both were easy to follow and absolutely delicious; the bacon was a little messy though.

In addition to the recipes, Robinson lists the essential equipment for all kitchens. To my surprise I actually own most of these! This again shows how simple the recipes here are. I hate when a yummy sounding recipe would cause me to have buy all sorts of special equipment that I not only don't know how to use but have no place to store in my relatively small kitchen.

Unlike so many of the other cookbooks that have caught my eye, 5 Ingredient Fix is one I'm certain I'll reference frequently as I continue my cooking attempts. I highly recommend Claire Robinson's cookbook for anyone seeking easy to follow, yet delicious recipes.
5/5
Review copy provided by the publisher, Grand Central Life & Style.

1 comment:

  1. I like that these recipes are doable. I hate when you get a cookbook and have to spend time searching for the ingredients in the store. These seem like real recipes for real people. I'll be putting this on my wish list. The bacon and the penne recipe both sound like ones my family would like.

    ReplyDelete