Sunday, November 22, 2009

review: how to be famous by heidi montag & spencer pratt

Hee! I kind of loved this book (alright, more than kind of). I’m so not a Speidi fan, but I totally appreciated that they have apparently recognized how completely ridiculous it is that they’re now famous. How To Be Famous is a hilarious guide to making yourself famous for being famous. They fully embrace using the paparazzi to accomplish this goal, which definitely makes sense to me. Why do so many celebrities complain about their popularity anyway? It’s what they signed up for! Heidi and Spencer are definitely not ones to complain about their extensive coverage, which is refreshing though I still don’t understand why magazines put them on the cover.

My favorite part of How To Be Famous is the In Case of Emergency conclusion. That 12 item list made me laugh; especially this one: “Be really unqualified. Get selected as presidential running mate.” Perfect.
5/5

1 comment:

  1. Nice review. :) I have to say that I am not interested in reading it. Only because I have this weird aversion to them. It isn't even Heidi as much as it is Spencer, but it is nice to know it is a fun read. I have to say that I felt pretty bad because they were on the Tonight Show with Conan and when he announced that they were going to be on the show, the audience booed. Anyway, thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete