Thursday, July 30, 2009

review: the impostor's daughter by laurie sandell

Laurie Sandell opens her memoir by stating that her father had the mail stopped whenever he went out of town even though the others were still there to receive it. I had to read on. As I did, I discovered that I was already somewhat familiar with the story as I've read some of Sandell's magazine articles that touched on some of what she deals with here, such as her Ambien addiction.

The Impostor's Daughter is a quick read and not at all the typical memoir. This is a graphic novel. I couldn't find anything that explicitly said so, but it appears Sandell is also the illustrator of the book; the illustrations are great. Sandell is a talented writer as well who was able to make good use of the graphic format.
5/5
ARC Review

No comments:

Post a Comment