Sunday, July 12, 2009

review: the chocolate lovers' club by carole matthews

Ah, Lucy. How I just wanted to knock some sense into you. At least your friends had fairly good reasons for staying with their dysfunctional relationships: Nadia, for example, has a child with her gambling addict husband. But what keeps you with Marcus?

Despite wanting to strangle Lucy on multiple occasions for maintaining a relationship with Marcus when Aiden (AKA Crush) was clearly the one for her, I did enjoy the book (the jewelry heist is particularly good) and the women’s obsession with chocolate. Lucy even has the same philosophy about going to the gym as I do! Now if only I could find my own Chocolate Heaven.

I'm looking forward to finding out what happens next in the sequel, The Chocolate Lovers' Diet.
4/5
Review copy provided by the publisher, Little, Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment