Tuesday, January 22, 2013

review: grace grows by shelle sumners


Oh. My.  Grace Grows was amazing.  I know it’s only January, but I’m pretty sure Shelle Sumners’s debut will be one of the best books I read this year.  It’s the incredibly touching (I cried a lot) story of a nearing 30 woman who has a very easy relationship with her live-in boyfriend.  Steven travels frequently, so Grace doesn’t see him very much and she’s happy with that despite her friends and family’s reservations that she’s not head over heels for him.  Grace likely would’ve been content with that had she not met her neighbor’s dog walker—an up and coming charmingly attractive musician who starts writing songs about her.  Tyler encourages Grace to go for more even though her life is superficially perfect, but Grace always holds back until she finally has a breakthrough and her entire life changes.  Grace and Tyler were written so well that I felt their every emotion (hence the tears).  I wanted their story to never end, but when it did, it was perfect.
5/5
Review copy from Amazon Vine.

No comments:

Post a Comment